We Promise To Take Care of... Myself | Others | This Place
Jack Stuart School was built during the 1983-84 school year. It was the last school built as part of the Camrose School District #1315 system. One hundred and seventy-one students, grades 1 to 7 were housed at the Charlie Killam School until Easter of 1984. During the Easter break, the staff loaded their cars, trucks, trailers, etc. and hauled all the materials to the new building. At the end of the 1986-87 school year, all grade 7 and 8 students in the public system in Camrose were relocated to the Junior High section of the Charlie Killam School. Enrollment for the 1987-88 school year, grades 1-6 was 183. Morning and afternoon ECS classes were also added that year. The K-6 population in 2011 is 322 students.
Proud of Our Promise
The Jack Stuart School, built during the 1983-84 school year, was named after John Edwin "Jack" Stuart. A plaque with the following inscription hangs in the main foyer:
JOHN EDWIN STUART B. ED (1907-1973)
This school is dedicated in honour of "Jack" Stuart, B. ED, a distinguished educator, humanitarian, and citizen. From 1932-1973 he served in various teaching and administrative posts within the Camrose School District #1315 retiring from staff as Superintendent of Schools. Active in the community, he served on various committees in Camrose including the Board of Trade, Museum, Agricultural Society, Burgess School, Masonic Lodge, Rotary Club, and the United Church. In the role as educator, he guided and encouraged within students and teachers the principles of honesty, dignity , and scholarship. For him, education represented "the leading of human souls to what is best, and making what is best out of them".
(J.Ruskin) Board of Trustees, Camrose School District #1315."